Follow these additional steps for a successful audition:
- KNOW YOUR STUFF! Research the musical and decide for which character you would like to audition. Research the character and specifically, the music that your character performs in the show. Prepare 1-3 of the posted selections. Recorded accompaniment will be provided for you.
- BRING YOUR VERY BEST! Those students who come to their auditions prepared ALWAYS impress! Try and memorize the song to the best of your abilities.
- All auditions are INDIVIDUAL and closed. No one can audition in a group or as a duet and parents are not permitted in the audition room.
- YOU MUST BE REGISTERED PRIOR TO AUDITIONS- Only those who are FULLY registered will be sent the audition Sign-Up.
- You will be scored on the following: Pitch, Preparedness, Character, and Stage Presence with up to 10 points in each category (perfect score is 40). You could have perfect pitch but not be at all prepared and then NOT get cast due to a 30 whereas someone who is totally prepared, with less than perfect pitch, will score higher. Get it? PREPARE YOUR AUDITION!
- Dressing like the character you want DOES NOT HELP YOU IN ANY WAY. The character YOU want may not be the right character for you. We will decide where you fit best into the puzzle of the production.
In the event that your child is not available for a live audition, a video audition will be accepted if received PRIOR to the live audition date. Please send the video to: email@example.com.